Theme and scope
The key theme for the conference is:
The Role of Accounting in Social Transformation and Sustainability.
We are seeking empirical and review papers from a variety of theoretical and methodological perspectives. We welcome manuscripts from any emerging and developed economies both in the public and private sectors on the following areas:
- Governance, policy change, social transformation and accounting
- Accounting and management control systems in change management
- Changes in social and environmental accounting and performance reporting
- Accountability and performance in the public and private sectors
- Sustainable development reporting and corporate governance
- Accounting change in transitional and developing economies
- Professional ethics, risk and ethical management
- Public sector reform and accounting change
- Corporate failure and auditing change
- International interaction and boundaries of accounting and organisational change
- The implementation of new initiatives from a change management framework
- Accounting for e-business/e-commerce
- Change in accounting and management education
- Changes in corporate communication
- Business analytics and management accounting
- Cost-aware business process management.
These themes are indicative only. We welcome papers outside of these themes with relevance to understanding the role of management control systems in organisational (and social) change.