Global Accounting and Organizational Change (GAOC) Research Network Conference
The Global Accounting and Organizational Change (GAOC) Research Network is committed to high-quality research on contemporary issues in organisational and accounting change. It aims at providing a platform for international researchers and practitioners from multiple disciplines to disseminate information on organisational and accounting systems change.
The GAOC research network is coordinated by Professor Zahirul Hoque of the Department of Accounting and Data Analytics at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia. The network comprises of academics and practitioners from around the world, who engage in researching contemporary issues in organizational and social change and the role of accounting and control systems therein.
The network is affiliated with the Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change (JAOC), edited by Professor Zahirul Hoque with Emerald Group Publishing in the United Kingdom.
Welcome to GAOC conference 2017
We are pleased to announce that the fifth biennial international conference of the Global Accounting and Organizational Change research network will be held at the La Trobe University City Campus (360 Collins Street) in Melbourne, 26 – 28 November 2017. Keynote speakers are
- Professor Trevor Hopper (Sussex University, UK)
- Professor Alan Lowe (RMIT University, Australia).
The GAOC resources network is committed to high quality research on contemporary issues in organisational and accounting change. It aims to provide a platform for international researchers and practitioners from multiple disciplines to disseminate information on organisational and accounting systems change.
The 2017 conference is organised by:
- The Department of Accounting at La Trobe University
- The Centre for Public Sector Governance, Accountability and Performance (CPSGAP)
- La Trobe Business School
- the Journal of Accounting and Organizational Change (JAOC).
GAOC 2008 La Trobe University Melbourne, Australia
The inaugural biennial Conference was held at Hilton on the Park Melbourne, 9-11 July 2008. The Conference was hosted by the School of Business, La Trobe University in association with the Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change, Emerald Publishing, UK.
- 96 delegates representing 17 countries registered for the Conference
Keynote speakers at the Conference were
- Professor Colin Ferguson from the University of Melbourne
- Professor John Burns from The University of Dundee.
GAOC 2010 Babson College, USA
The second conference was held at Babson College Executive Centre on 21-24 July 2010 and it was hosted by Babson College Division of Accounting and Law, Babson Park, MA, USA, in association with the School of Accounting at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia and the Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change.
- 67 delegates representing 12 countries attended
- 46 papers were presented.
Keynote speakers at the conference were:
- Professor Jan Bebbington, University of St. Andrews, UK
- Professor Robert S. Kaplan of Harvard Business School
- Professor Saras Sarasvathy, Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia, USA.
GAOC 2012 Sunway University Malaysia
The GAOC 2012 conference was hosted by Sunway University Business School in Malaysia from 14-17 July at Sunway Resort Hotel in Kuala Lumpur. The conference was sponsored by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), UK and Emerald Publishing. Mr Charles Tilley, CEO of CIMA Global delivered an opening speech on the topic “Rebooting business: valuing the human dimension.” Professor Mike Shields (Michigan State University, USA), Professor Irvine Lapsley (Edinburgh University, UK) and Professor Dato Aziuddin Ahmad (Selangor International Islamic University College, Malaysia) delivered keynote speeches. A total of
- 80 delegates representing from 11 countries attended
- 52 papers were presented.
GAOC 2014 University of Sharjah, UAE
The fourth biennial international conference of the Global Accounting and Organizational Change research network was held at American university of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, 17-20 November 2014. The theme of the conference was “Managing organizational change through good governance and sustainable performance management practices.” Keynote speakers were:
- Professor Thomas Ahrens, United Arab Emirates University
- Professor Lee Parker, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- Mr Ahmed Darwish, Chair ACCA Members Advisory Committee, DP World – UAE Region.