Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
Choose Secondary Education at La Trobe
- Graduate career-ready, with established school networks.
- Benefit from unique programs such as our Excellence in Professional Practice model.
- Take opportunities for international and cultural placements.
- Study unique subjects in areas such as sustainability, digital learning, exploring cultural differences and teaching in global contexts.
- Choose two discipline specialisations to focus on during your studies.
Once you graduate, you'll be able to work in government, Catholic and independent schools in Australia and overseas (subject to registration).
Our graduates have also found work in:
- children's services
- education leadership
- the private sector.
What you'll learn
You'll learn how to teach across two different disciplines, how to create inclusive learning environments and cater to different learning styles.
You’ll also learn how to:
- understand your own teaching philosophy and what drives it
- track the development of your students
- plan and deliver effective lessons
- get the most out of every student.
You can choose two specialisations to focus on during your degree. This will allow you to expand your knowledge as a discipline teacher and increase your employability.
Melbourne and Bendigo Campuses:
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics)
- Languages Other Than English (LOTE)
- Physical education
- Health education
- Visual arts
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)#
*Science available to teach Years 7-10 only in Bendigo
#TESOL available to teach Years 7-10 only in Bendigo
Course structure: first year subjects
Child and Adolescent Development
Diverse Learning Communities
Introduction to Aboriginal Australia
21st Century Digital Learner
|Discipline Specialisation 1A (major discipline)||Discipline Specialisation 1B|
For information regarding course accreditation, registration or memberships, please refer to the course details.
Not quite what you're looking for?
You may also be interested in: