La Trobe MBA
Choose the La Trobe MBA
Study an MBA at La Trobe University, where graduate salaries rank among the highest in the world.* La Trobe is Australia's only university recognised as an Ambassador for the United Nations-backed principles of Responsible Management Education.**
* QS Top MBA rankings 2016 ** www.unprme.org
Our award-winning MBA program is also:
- one of only three in Australia with the prestigious European Foundation for Management Development's EPAS accreditation
- flexible, with study modes including weekend and evening classes
- available as a fully online course.
Career opportunities with an MBA
Graduate as a leader who can develop and sustain a competitive advantage for your organisation. Past La Trobe MBA graduates have worked at:
- Accenture UK - Business Development Director
- City of Whittlesea - Manager Infrastructure
- Port of Melbourne Corporation - Executive General Manager, Business & Planning
- ACA Pacific Group Co. Ltd - Purchasing Manager
- Saint Gobain - National Product & Services Manager
- PT BII - MayBank Head of Investment
La Trobe's MBA has the 2nd highest graduate salaries in Victoria, averaging AUD$108,300 per annum.
What you'll learn
- Responsible management, underpinned by the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME)
- Personal development, ethics and management leadership
- Finance fundamentals, business, marketing
- Business analysis.
You'll participate in real business scenarios and participate in boardroom simulations, and create your own e-portfolio as part of your studies.
The complete course is 180 credit points.
Australian and NZ students
- AUD$32,600 indicative 2016 annual tuition fee based on 120 credit points.
- Indicative total tuition fee: AUD$48,900.
All La Trobe alumni are eligible for a 10% study fee discount for the La Trobe MBA.
You may be eligible for FEE-HELP, an Australian Government no-interest loan for university fees.
AUD$33,510 indicative 2016 annual tuition fee based on 120 credit points. Get more information on fees and how to pay.
The La Trobe MBA is about more than just taking the next step in your career. By studying with us, you'll consider issues like responsibilities to co-workers and the community.
You'll complete 10 compulsory core subjects, two electives and two professional placements.
In your first semester you'll look at personal development, ethics and management leadership, as well as finance fundamentals. Your second semester will be divided between business, marketing and three electives of your choice, while third semester will delve into business analysis, responsible leadership and further electives.
- Personal and Professional Skills Development
- Values Ethics and Diversity
- Management Fundamentals
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Organisational Analysis
- Business Analysis and Modelling
- Management Finance Strategic Management
- Responsible Leadership
For full details on course content, see the handbook.
Get more info from our MBA website.
How to apply
Find out how to apply direct to La Trobe.
Find out about how to apply as an international student.