Bachelor of Business (Sport Management)
Choose Sport Management at La Trobe
- La Trobe is the leading university in Australia for sport-related teaching and research.
- We offer more sport-related courses than any other university in Australia.
- Our sport-related research is rated 'well above world standard'.
- Our partners are some of Australia’s most prominent sport organisations – including Melbourne City FC, and the AFL Coaches’ and AFL Players’ associations.
- Our elite athlete support program is one of the most comprehensive in the country – we currently have more than 100 elite athletes enrolled, including AFL footballers, swimmers, cyclists, track and field athletes, cricketers, netballers, basketballers, soccer and baseball players.
Career opportunities in sport management
Our graduates have gone on to work in a range of sporting clubs and organisations in athlete management, marketing, sport development, and event management. You may also find positions in:
- health and fitness centres
- marketing and sponsorship agencies
- local government
- sport boards
- venue management
- community development.
What you'll learn
You’ll learn how sport is managed, presented and promoted, while developing fundamental business principles in economics, accounting and finance, sport management and sport marketing.
You’ll also learn how to:
- apply knowledge and skills to design and deliver sport services, goods or experiences
- integrate theoretical and operational knowledge of sport management as an interdisciplinary field of research and practice
- collaborate effectively with key stakeholders to acquire and convey sport management knowledge and ideas to achieve shared goals
- collect, analyse and synthesise information to develop solutions and evaluate outcomes for issues facing the sport management industry
- reflect on your professional practice, and that of others, in sport management settings, in order to improve performance.
Keep in touch
Sample course structure
Accounting and Finance for Business
Introduction to Business Law and Ethics
Second major or elective
Second major or elective x 3
Second major or elective x 2
Second major or elective level 3 subject x 2
Sport Governance and Strategy (capstone)
Second major or elective level 3 subject
For more information on units and course structure, see the University Handbook.
For information regarding course accreditation, registration or memberships, please refer to the course details.
How to apply
Find out how to apply direct to La Trobe.
Find out about how to apply as an international student.
Check out some of our many other pathway options available.
Scholarships and financial support
You may be eligible for:
Not quite what you're looking for?
You may also be interested in our Bachelor of Commerce.