Bachelor of Business/Master of Management
Choose Business and Management at La Trobe
Our accounting and finance subjects are ranked in the top 200 in the world (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016).
La Trobe ranks in the top three universities in Victoria for research in banking, finance and investment; and accounting, auditing and accountability (Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA): National Report 2015-16).
Our unique combined Bachelor and Master's degree in business management is designed to prepare you for leadership roles in your area of expertise in only four and a half years.
A Bachelor of Business gives you the opportunity to:
- complete a major in a key business disciplines, including human resource management, marketing, sport management, tourism, or international business
- graduate with a major that prepares you for a range of industries such as event management, financial planning, sports management, or tourism and hospitality management
- prepare for an international career with overseas study opportunities at our partner universities, including China, Indonesia, and Vietnam
- participate in practical internships with some of our industry partners including Melbourne City FC, Cricket Victoria, Deloitte and PwC
With the Master of Management you'll:
- graduate career ready, with a degree that is highly regarded by businesses.
- take the broad generalist path or specialise by choosing one of five streams: project management, entrepreneurship and innovation, corporate governance and risk, sports management or human resource management.
- network with business leaders through regular guest lectures
- learn from our Professors of Practice – experienced industry professionals who teach to real-world experiences.
- benefit from our relationships with local and international organisations including the AFL (Australian Football League) Coaches and Players Associations, Australia Post, and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Career opportunities in business
You'll be prepared for careers in the public, not‑for‑profit and private sectors, both in Australia and internationally including:
- international trade bodies
- environmental organisations
- relief agencies
- the public sector
- the not-for-profit sector
- private business.
Our graduates have gone on to work in a variety of roles, including:
- Argent Software
- Cricket Victoria
- Dun & Bradstreet Australia
- Melbourne City FC.
Career opportunities in management
You'll gain the knowledge and expertise required to attract attention from prospective employers. Or like many graduates you can go on to start your own business. You may also be able to apply for membership with the International Society for Professional Innovation Management (ISPIM).
Our graduates are now employed by companies such as:
- Telstra (Australia's largest telecommunications company)
Depending on the specialisation you choose, you will find opportunities in areas such as:
- corporate governance
- risk management
- change management
- strategic management.
Career opportunities exist across:
- the corporate sector
- government departments
- not-for-profit organisations
- private enterprises of all sizes.
What you'll learn
Bachelor of Business
Your essential business skills will include:
Master of Management
You'll develop knowledge in specialised areas of management, and pursue your interests and career aspirations through a range of electives.
You can take the broad generalist path or specialise by choosing one of five streams:
- project management
- entrepreneurship and innovation
- corporate governance and risk
- sports management
- human resource management.
Students from Australia and New Zealand
2017 indicative: AUD$10,264 per 120 credit points (based on typical first year fees with a deferred HECS-HELP loan). Find out more.
2017 indicative: AUD$26,500 annual tuition fee based on 120 credit points. Get more information on fees and how to pay.
International living expenses
Other than tuition fees, you should consider living and accommodation costs when planning your budget.
For information regarding course accreditation, registration or memberships, please refer to the course details.
First year subjects
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Business Foundations||Introduction to Business Law and Ethics|
|Accounting and Finance for Business||Primary major core subject|
|Business Economics||Primary major core subject|
|Business Analytics||First or second year elective subject|
For full subject details and majors available at your campus, see the handbook.
Once you've chosen your subjects, you can see your provisional timetable.
How to apply
Find out how to apply direct to La Trobe.
Find out about how to apply as an international student.
Check out some of our many other pathway options available.