Bachelor of Business (Agribusiness)
Become the seed of change in the agri-industry
- Demand for agribusiness professionals is growing, and you can start your career as a graduate in today’s diverse and globally integrated agribusiness sectors, from farms to multinational companies.
- Agriculture and its associated business was once the simple practise of farming, but it's now a cutting-edge industry with state-of-the-art technology throughout the supply chain.
- A Bachelor of Agribusiness supports the increasing interdependence of various agri sectors and encompasses the activities and disciplines of modern food production.
Choose La Trobe
Become a multi-skilled agri-sector professional by studying an agribusiness major with an introduction to agricultural sciences.
- Learn from agribusiness leaders across regional Victoria.
- Agribusiness at La Trobe introduces you to management, finance, marketing and agricultural sciences, and how they apply to the wider agribusiness industry.
- You'll have the opportunity to complete a major in Agribusiness alongside a disciplinary major in management and marketing, or accounting. This will give you a solid understanding of agricultural business and financial concepts, and prepare you to address the issues facing the changing international environment.
- You will also have the opportunity to complete an optional second major in either Accounting, Management and Marketing.
- A feature of the course is a series of three agribusiness subjects delivered at different regional campuses, offering a unique insight into agribusinesses in different regions of Victoria.
- You'll have the opportunity to complete an agribusiness industry-based work placement, hosted by a regional campus and a local agribusiness. This will allow you to apply your skills in the agribusiness sector, and meet with agribusiness professionals from a range of disciplines. You can receive credit for a completed internship.
- This degree takes you on a tour of regional Victorian agribusinesses industries and communities, where you'll meet and work with local agribusiness and community leaders.
- You'll build strong networks through cross-discipline subjects with other La Trobe Business School students.
You'll graduate with practical skills in business and agri-science, and a detailed global understanding of complex agribusiness environments.
Multi-skilled industry professionals are increasingly in demand, and this degree will prepare you for multiple roles throughout the industry supply chain.
Graduates will be prepared for work in a range of sectors, including:
- agribusiness and rural banking
- export businesses
- government agencies
- international trade bodies
- industry businesses
- primary industries
- supply chain organisations
You will be able to apply for a range of roles, including:
- agribusiness management
- commodity trading
- operations management.
What you'll learn
You'll graduate with practical skills, a global perspective, and a detailed understanding of the agribusiness sector. You'll learn how to:
- design and implement innovative solutions to social, environmental and business challenges
- recognise and apply business principles to generate sustainable economic value
- engage and communicate effectively with individuals and organisations in your chosen field
- use your knowledge to address problems that affect productivity
- understand the range and scope of enterprises in the agri-food value chain, and identify challenges and opportunities
- apply business principles and practices in a range of agribusiness settings
- use critical thinking and problem solving skills to address issues facing agriculture and agribusiness, including competitive challenges of a global nature.
Majors: A major is comprised of three agricultural science subjects, four business subjects, and one agribusiness placement subject.
The following is an example of first-year subject selection:
- Business Foundations
- Accounting and Finance for Business
- Introduction to Animal and Agricultural Sciences
- Business Economics
- Business Analytics
- Agribusiness Management
- Elective Subjects
For information regarding course accreditation, registration or memberships, please refer to the course details.
How to apply
Find out how to apply direct to La Trobe.
Check out our pathway options for the best chance of getting into the course that you want.
Scholarships and financial support
Not quite what you're looking for?
You may also be interested in our Bachelor of Commerce.