Summer, Semester & Winter school subjects
- 15 credit points [full semester credit] at second or third year
- all subjects on HECS (CSP)
- open to the general public and students from other Universities
- 5 x 6-hour sessions on Saturdays
- Times: 10 am - 1.00 pm [1 - 2 pm lunch] and 2 pm - 5 pm
- Place: La Trobe Franklin Street Campus. 215 Franklin St, Melbourne (opposite Queen Victoria market
LAS2BRZ: Brazil: History, Development, Culture and the Amazon
Dates: 5 sessions every Saturday during January-February 2016.
- 16, 23 and 30 January 2016
- 6 and 13 February 2016
'Victoria's only Brazilian history subject - just in time for the 2016 Rio Olympics in Brazil.'
First semester 2016
SPA3LAT: Latin America Today
Dates: 5 sessions every Saturday during April-May 2016.
- 9, 16, 23 and 30 April
- 7 May
'Special subject featuring some of Australia's leading Latin Americanists.'
LAS2JAC: From Pirates to Reggae: The History of Jamaica and the Caribbean
Dates: 5 sessions every Saturday during June-July 2016.
- 18 and 25 June
- 9, 16 and 23 July
'Victoria's only Caribbean history subject.'
LAS3TSS: Tango, Samba, Salsa & Society: The History of Latin America through Music, Food and Drugs
'Victoria's only subject that covers the political/economic history of Latin America via music.'
Dr Ralph Newmark Director, Institute of Latin American Studies (ILAS) at La Trobe University
T: 03 9479 1142