Bachelor of Physical, Health and Outdoor Education
Choose Physical, Health and Outdoor Education at La Trobe
- Lead an active lifestyle while encouraging others to participate in and learn from sport, dance, exercise, recreation and adventure programs.
- Be equipped to design, implement and evaluate physical, health and outdoor programs in a range of educational contexts.
- Connect to the outdoors and learn how it can affect physical education.
- Join a niche degree from one of the largest and longest running outdoor education departments in Australia.
- Learn how to read the Australian landscape, lead groups in outdoor environments and assess risk and ability in different contexts.
When you graduate, you may find a job as a:
- group leader
- camp instructor
- project lead in community and youth centres
- youth consultant to school and government.
You may also go on to the Master of Teaching, which will equip you to teach in primary and secondary schools as a PE or health teacher (subject to VIT registration).
What you'll learn
You’ll learn leadership and teamwork, and how to apply your knowledge of outdoor environments, physiology and human movement in an educational context.
The course also covers:
- environmental and sustainability education
- safety and risk management
- sport and skill analysis
- human biosciences.
You’ll be able to identify, evaluate and apply safety planning and risk management to physical and outdoor education settings. As well as apply sound knowledge of current learning theories in the context of adolescent development.
First year subjects
Ways of Knowing Nature
Outdoor Living and Travel Skills
Introduction to Winter Alpine Environments
Reading Australian Landscapes
|Human Biosciences A||Movement Studies 1|
For information regarding course accreditation, registration or memberships, please refer to the course details.