Bachelor of Education (Primary)
Choose Primary Education at La Trobe
- Graduate career-ready, with established school networks.
- Benefit from unique programs such as our Excellence in Professional Practice model.
- Take opportunities for international and cultural placements.
- Study unique subjects in areas such as sustainability, digital learning and innovation, exploring cultural differences, and teaching in global contexts.
- Choose a specialisation to focus on during your studies to enhance your employability.
Once you graduate, you'll be able to work in government, Catholic and independent schools in Australia and overseas (subject to registration).
Our graduates have also found work in:
- children's services
- education leadership
- the private sector.
What you'll learn
You'll learn how to teach across the essential areas of primary school disciplines, how to create inclusive learning environments and cater to different learning styles.
You’ll also learn how to:
- understand your own teaching philosophy and what drives it
- track the development of your students
- plan and deliver effective lessons
- get the most out of every student.
You can choose one specialisation to focus on during your degree. This will allow you to expand your knowledge as a discipline teacher and increase your employability.
Melbourne and Bendigo Campus:
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics)
- Physical Education
- Health Education
- Languages (French*, Italian*, Spanish*, Chinese*, Hindi*, Japanese*, Indonesian)
*Melbourne Campus only
Course structure: first year subjects
Child and Adolescent Development
Diverse Learning Communities
Introduction to Aboriginal Australia
21st Century Digital Learner
|Curriculum Specialisation Elective 1||Curriculum Specialisation Elective 2|
For information regarding course accreditation, registration or memberships, please refer to the course details.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC if you're applying to more than one institution, or if you are currently in Year 12.
Direct applications will be available if you are not currently in Year 12 and only intend to apply to La Trobe. Direct applications will be opening soon.