Bachelor of Early Learning
Choose Early Learning at La Trobe
- Upgrade from your Diploma of Children’s Services or equivalent to a Bachelor’s qualification and increase your earning potential and career prospects.
- Benefit from a shortage of skilled in early childhood teaching professionals.
- Work while you study - this course is fully online.
- Take up to 50% of your professional placements in your current workplace.
- Position yourself for a leadership career in early learning.
Career opportunities with an education degree
This degree is designed to enable early learning centre employees in carer positions to take on early childhood teaching and management roles in the child care industry. On completion, you’ll be qualified to teach children from birth to five years old in early childhood settings.
What you'll learn
- design both indoor and outdoor learning environments to cater to a range of educational purposes.
- apply educational theories to assessment and reporting strategies.
- design curriculum to service educational outcomes and encourage development in areas such as creativity, resilience, inclusivity, and environmental sensitivity.
- develop strategies to identify and reduce the impacts of learning problems in early childhood contexts.
This degree includes 180 credit points of advanced standing for the Diploma in Children's Services, followed by a further 300 credit points for the Bachelor qualification. You can also nominate to complete up to 50 per cent of the supervised placement component in your place of employment, subject to the centre meeting the supervision requirements.
Scholarships and financial support
Not quite what you're looking for?
You may also be interested in: