Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education
Choose Early Childhood and Primary Education at La Trobe
- Graduate career ready, with established school networks.
- Benefit from unique programs such as our Excellence in Professional Practice model.
- Take opportunities for international and cultural placements.
- Study unique subjects in areas such as sustainability, digital learning and innovation, exploring cultural differences, and teaching in global contexts.
Once you graduate, you'll be able to work in early childhood, primary and special education schools in Australia and overseas (subject to registration).
Our graduates have also found work in:
- children's services
- education leadership
- the private sector.
What you'll learn
You'll benefit from our holistic approach to teaching, and learn to recognise issues associated with the developmental nature of growth, learning and transition from birth to 12 years.
You’ll also learn how to:
- understand your own teaching philosophy and what drives it
- track the development of your students
- plan and deliver effective lessons
- get the most out of every student.
Course structure: first year subjects
Understanding Learning and Development
Diverse Learning Communities
Introduction to Aboriginal Australia
21st Century Digital Learner
|Families and Communities Partnerships||Childhood in Contemporary Times|
For full details, see the Handbook entry.
For information regarding course accreditation, registration or memberships, please refer to the course details.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC if you're applying to more than one institution, or if you are currently in Year 12.
Direct applications will be available if you are not currently in Year 12 and only intend to apply to La Trobe. Direct applications will be opening soon.