Bachelor of Applied Science and Master of Podiatric Practice
Choose Podiatry at La Trobe
- Study an intensive accelerated program and finish in 4 years instead of 4.5.
- Our practical hands-on program includes clinical placements in our own Podiatry Clinic, as well as external hospitals, health centres and private practices.
- Study the only podiatry program in Victoria.
- La Trobe designs its courses with your future career in mind and partners with a range of professional organisations for accreditation and registration. Refer to the detail for each course to see what professional registration and membership options exist.
According to the Australian Government Job Outlook, employment for Podiatrists is expected to grow strongly over the next four years. Past graduates have worked in:
- hospital settings
- private practices, as Head Podiatrists and team members
- sports podiatry practices, providing management and treatment for sportspeople
- management and director roles in healthcare organisations and private practices.
What you'll learn
- treat and prevent foot and ankle disorders in people of all ages
- assess and manage patients with complex medical conditions
- work in different areas of podiatry, such as paedeatrics and sports injuries.
Students from Australia and New Zealand
AUD$8,917 per year (based on typical first-year fees with a deferred HECS-HELP loan). Find out more.
AUD$31,500 annual tuition fee based on 120 credit points. Get more information on fees and how to pay.
During first and second year, you'll acquire an understanding of the role of health professionals in the community and look at the fundamentals of human biosciences along with the factors that influence health. You'll also begin to develop podiatric skills, learn about medical assessment and management, and gain a deeper understanding of complex conditions like diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.
During third and fourth year, you'll put what you've learnt into practice with placements in our on-campus podiatry clinic and in settings like hospitals, community health centres and private practice. This gives you direct experience treating patients under the guidance of a qualified clinician.
To see the core subjects for each subject area as well as a list of possible electives, check the handbook entry.
Scholarships and financial support
- Overseas exchange mobility grant, $1500
- Overseas clinical placement grants, $750