La Trobe's MBA
Choose Business Administration at La Trobe
Our MBA program is:
- ranked in the top five MBA programs in Australia (QS Global MBA rankings, 2014/15)
- one of the top two MBA programs in Victoria (Boss AFR Australian MBA rankings)
- the only program in Victoria to receive the highest possible five-star rating over the past three years from the General Management Association of Australia (GMAA)
- flexible, with study modes including weekend and evening classes
- also available as an online-only course.
Past La Trobe MBA graduates have worked at:
- Accenture UK - Business Development Director
- City of Whittlesea - Manager Infrastructure
- Port of Melbourne Corporation - Executive General Manager, Business & Planning
- ACA Pacific Group Co. Ltd - Purchasing Manager
- Saint Gobain - National Product & Services Manager
- PT BII - MayBank Head of Investment.
What you'll learn
- Responsible management, underpinned by the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME)
- Personal development, ethics and management leadership
- Finance fundamentals, business, marketing
- Business analysis
You'll complete 10 compulsory core subjects, two electives and two professional experiences. As part of your studies, you'll create an e-portfolio and participate in an intensive simulation of boardroom situations and dilemmas. These tasks allow you to reflect on how you can apply what you've learned in your professional role.
In your first semester you'll look at personal development, ethics, and management leadership, as well as finance fundamentals. Your second semester will be divided between business, marketing and two electives of your choice, while third semester will delve into business analysis, responsible leadership and further electives.
- Personal and Professional Skills Development
- Values Ethics and Diversity
- Management Fundamentals
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Organisational Analysis
- Business Analysis and Modelling
- Management Finance Strategic Management
- Responsible Leadership
For full details on course content, see the handbook.
Get more info from our MBA website.
You can study the course at the following campuses:
- City (City Campus location)
- Bendigo, Mildura, Albury-Wodonga and Shepparton via flexible delivery
- 18 months
Different delivery modes to suit different student needs (standard and flexible options) and teaching times in the evening, weekends, and block modes.
International indicative annual tuition fee for 2017 is AUD$35,500 (based on 120 credit points). The indicative fee for the entire program for 2017 starters is AUD$53,244.
Academic entry requirements
An Australian Bachelor's degree, or international equivalent, with a minimum of a C (60%) grade average in the final year and three years' of relevant managerial experience.
Applicants with more than eight years' relevant managerial experience but without an undergraduate degree may be considered for professional entry.
English language requirements
IELTS (Academic): minimum score of 6.5 with no individual band score less than 6.0.For all accepted English language requirements, visit the MBA course page.
How to apply
Find out how to apply to La Trobe University.
Scholarships and financial support
A limited number of Postgraduate Excellence Scholarships are available, offering a 20 per cent discount on course fees.
We also offer an Academic Excellence Scholarship (AUD$10 000-AUD$20 000).
Not what you're looking for?
You may be interested in: