Bachelor of Business
Choose Business at La Trobe
Our accounting and finance subjects are ranked in the top 200 in the world (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016).
La Trobe also ranks in the top 3 universities in Victoria for research in banking, finance and investment; and accounting, auditing and accountability (Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA): National Report 2015-16).
Study the big issues affecting all businesses, such as globalisation, trade barriers, sustainability and the environment.
The Bachelor of Business is a flexible degree that allows you to develop broad business knowledge before choosing your major. With 23 different areas of study on offer, you’ll have maximum flexibility to customise your degree to fit your career goals.
A Bachelor of Business will give you the opportunity to:
- complete a major in a key business disciplines, including human resource management, marketing, sport management, tourism, or international business
- graduate with a major that prepares you for a range of industries such as event management, financial planning, sports management, or tourism and hospitality management
- prepare for an international career with overseas study opportunities at our partner universities, including China, Indonesia, and Vietnam
- deepen your international business knowledge by going on student exchange, with a choice of over 150 partner universities around the world
- participate in practical internships with some of our industry partners including Melbourne City FC, Cricket Victoria, Deloitte and PwC
- build strong networks through cross-discipline subjects with other La Trobe Business School students.
Career opportunities in business
Our well‑rounded courses prepare you for careers in the public, not‑for‑profit and private sectors, both in Australia and internationally.
You'll be prepared for work in a range of sectors, including:
- international trade bodies
- environmental organisations
- relief agencies
- the public sector
- the not-for-profit sector
- private business.
Our graduates have gone on to work in a variety of roles, including:
- Argent Software
- Cricket Victoria
- Dun & Bradstreet Australia
- Melbourne City FC.
What you'll learn
You'll graduate with practical business skills, a global perspective, and a detailed understanding of complex business environments and how they affect each other. Your essential business skills will include:
Students from Australia and New Zealand
2017 indicative: AUD$10,264 per 120 credit points (based on typical first year fees with a deferred HECS-HELP loan). Find out more.
2017 indicative: AUD$26,500 annual tuition fee based on 120 credit points. Get more information on fees and how to pay.
International living expenses
Other than tuition fees, you should consider living and accommodation costs when planning your budget.
This flexible course gives you a firm foundation in business, economics, accounting and finance in your first year. In your second and third years you get to choose your own direction with a major or minor in a range of areas.
Through your elective subjects you'll get the chance to study a language, politics, international development, Asian studies, journalism, or take a study tour or internship.
For information regarding course accreditation, registration or memberships, please refer to the course details.
|Event Management||Forensic Accounting|
|Financial Management||Human Resources Management|
|Human Resource Management||International Commerce|
|International Business||International Management|
|Management and Marketing||Marketing|
|Sport Management||Sport Promotion|
|Tourism and Hospitality|
First year subjects
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Business Foundations||Business Economics|
|Accounting and Finance for Business||Business Analytics|
|Primary major core subject||Primary major core subject|
|Second major core subject or other elective subject||Second major core subject or other elective subject|
Please note: these are the first year subjects for study at our Melbourne Campus.
For full subject details and majors available at your campus, see the handbook entry for:
Once you've chosen your subjects, you can see your provisional timetable.
How to apply
Find out how to apply direct to La Trobe.
Find out about how to apply as an international student.
Check out some of our many other pathway options available.