Master of Data Science
Choose Data Science at La Trobe
- Manage and interpret messy data to solve society's most important and difficult challenges.
- Prepare for the 'sexiest job of the 21st century', according to the Harvard Business Review.
- Learn from leading academics who are developing new data science solutions.
- Benefit from our industry partnerships and graduate ready for the workplace.
- Major in Bioinformatics, Big Data and Cloud Computing, or Analytical Science.
- Choose a Business Analytics elective to increase the breadth of your knowledge.
- Learn about the latest Data Science tools, such as Apache Spark and Hadoop.
- Our mathematical sciences and pure mathematics research are rated ‘above world standard’, and statistics is rated ‘well above world standard’ (2015 ERA Australian Research Council rankings).
- Work for leading organisations hiring data scientists such as IBM and Zendesk after you graduate.
Data scientists can work in almost any industry. La Trobe is already working with hospitals, large internet companies and the Australian Institute of Sport to solve real-world data problems. Graduates will be well positioned for the following careers:
- Data scientist
- Business analyst
- Computational safety and data scientist
- Data analyst
- Analytical scientist
- Quantitative specialist
- Machine learning engineer
- Supply chain analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- Data engineer
This two-year course requires the completion of 240 credit points with at minimum of 120 credit points completed at fifth year level.
See the Handbook entry for more information about structure, core subjects and electives.
For information regarding course accreditation, registration or memberships, please refer to the course details.
Scholarships and financial support
Not quite what you're looking for?
You may also be interested in: