Master of Marketing Management
Choose Marketing Management at La Trobe
- Become an innovative marketing leader.
- Get the strategic marketing and management skills to work in high-level positions across a range of industries.
- Study at your own pace at our Melbourne Campus.
- Take advantage of flexible study and advanced standing.
- Study at one of our partner universities in France, Germany or Denmark.
- Graduate with highly transferable skills.
You'll graduate with the skills and knowledge to take on general and specialised marketing roles in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors around the world. We'll prepare for roles including:
- marketing manager
- marketing models and systems analyst
- market researcher
- social media manager
- product manager.
Past graduates have worked at:
- Akzo Nobel Head Office as a Technology and Innovation Project Leader
- Victoria Racing Club as a Marketing Coordinator.
What you'll learn
- solve complex problems and make influential decisions
- use innovation and leadership to market to a range of audiences
- work in high-level roles across many industries
- manage your own business.
The complete course is 240 credit points. Advanced standing (credit) is available for eligible students.
$26,500 annual fee based on 120 credit points.
You may be eligible for FEE-HELP, an Australian Government no-interest loan for university fees.
$32,500 annual fee based on 120 credit points. Get more information on fees and how to pay.
In your first year you'll study eight core subjects covering economics, business, accounting, management and more. In second year you'll study a mix of core and elective subjects based on your interests and career aspirations, and you'll have the option to explore research opportunities.
- Academic Integrity Module
- Management and Marketing for Sustainable Value Creation
- Accounting and Finance for Sustainable Value Creation
- Principles of Economics
- Statistics for Business and Finance
- Management Practice and Theory
- Organisational Behaviour
- Human Resource Management in a Global Economy
- Marketing Management
- International Marketing Management
- Advanced Consumer Decision Making
- Customer Relationship Marketing
- Applied Market Research.
Choose four Level 5 Business School electives from:
- Developing People and High Performance Organisations
- Managing Innovation for Sport Growth
- Entrepreneurial Business Planning
- International Employment Relations
- Managing Innovation in Organisation.
- Research subjects.
How to apply
Find out how to apply direct to La Trobe.
Find out about how to apply as an international student.
Scholarships and financial support
You'll learn from respected industry professionals and we have partnerships with professional finance and accounting bodies including the CPA, ICAA, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and the Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative.
Our postgraduate marketing graduates are eligible to become members of:
- The Australian Marketing Institute (AMI)
- The Marketing Association of Australia and New Zealand (MAANZ)
- The Australian Market and Social Research Society.
Professor Gillian Sullivan Mort
Professor Gillian Sullivan Mort researches in marketing, social marketing, international marketing, nonprofit, social entrepreneurship, young consumers and branding. She has over 100+ publications including books, book chapters, journal articles and refereed conference papers. She edits the Journal of Nonprofit and Public Sector Marketing and serves on the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing and the Australasian Marketing Journal. Her work on social entrepreneurship is widely cited. Professor Sullivan Mort has received research funding to support her research from the Australian Research Council Discovery Grants scheme, Telecommunications Research Grants, the Queensland State Government Treasury, the Victorian State Government Treasury, the University of Queensland and the Australian National University. See Professor Sullivan Mort's full staff profile here.
Dr Vanessa Ratten
Dr Ratten is an Associate Professor at La Trobe University specialising in innovation and entrepreneurship. She has won recognition for her work with a Vice Chancellor's award for community engagement with innovation and entrepreneurship programs. Dr Ratten is on the editorial board of the European Management Journal, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, International Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, Journal of Public Policy and Entrepreneurship and the International Journal of Cloud Computing and Applications. She has been published widely and continues to conduct research in sport entrepreneurship, technology innovation and management. See Dr Ratten's full staff profile here.