Graduate Diploma in Midwifery
Choose Midwifery at La Trobe
We've used our 40 years of midwifery experience to create an innovative curriculum that lets you apply what you learn in real-life situations.
- Get the qualifications to register as a midwife.
- Benefit from our flexible delivery options.
- Get real-life experience by working with our industry partners.
Our graduates have gone on to become midwives in leading hospitals and medical centres in Australia and overseas. These include the:
- Royal Womens Hospital
- Monash Medical Centre
- Ballarat Base Hospital
- Singapores KK Womens and Childrens Hospital.
We currently have a 100 per cent employment rate for graduates seeking employment in midwifery.
What you'll learn
- provide safe maternity care
- critically evaluate available evidence to inform best practice
- apply what you learn in real-life situations.
The course requires the completion of 120 credit points over one year of full-time study.
You need to complete a minimum of 710 hours of clinical placement throughout the year - approximately three days per week. You'll also need to meet specific clinical requirements in order to apply for midwifery registration.
For full details, please see the Handbook.
For information regarding course accreditation, registration or memberships, please refer to the course details.
How to apply
Find out how to apply direct to La Trobe.
Find out about how to apply as an international student.
Scholarships and financial support
- clinical schools in the Alfred, Northern and the Austin hospitals
- industry partnerships with Bendigo Health, Mercy Health, Eastern Health, Western Health, St Vincent's and Barwon Health.
Not quite what you're looking for?
You may also be interested in: