Master of Accounting and Financial Management
Choose accounting and financial management at La Trobe
- Learn from seasoned professionals with years of industry experience
- Benefit from our association with leading organisations like CPA Australia, Deloitte, PwC and the Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative
- Broaden your career opportunities with a course accredited with CPA and CAANZ and graduate ready to apply for associate membership
- Take accounting and finance subjects ranked in the top 7% in the world (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2015).
You'll graduate ready to extend your career with dual specialisations in accounting and finance. Our Master's degree will allow you to move into business and management roles in a range of industries, such as health and sports management, construction, engineering, and community and arts organisations. Our graduates work across the range of government, private and not-for-profit sectors as well as running their own successful businesses.
What you'll learn
You'll learn advanced skills in:
- auditing and corporate reporting
- financial statement analysis
- management accounting
- firm valuation
- corporate finance
- business and finance statistics
- financial accounting information systems
- management and marketing
In your first year you'll learn foundational knowledge from the fields of accounting, finance, management, marketing, economics and statistics, while second year moves into more advanced accounting and finance studies including financial management and accounting, accounting systems, auditing and corporate reporting. You also have the choice of two School of Business electives in second year.
First year core subjects
- Management and Marketing for Sustainable Value Creation
- Accounting and Finance for Sustainable Value Creation
- Principles of Economics
- Statistics for Business and Finance
- Accounting for Managers
- Financial Management
- Financial Accounting Information Systems
- Foundations of Company and Commercial Law
Second year subjects
- Management and Cost Reporting
- Corporate Reporting
- Advanced Auditing and Assurance Services
- Advanced Accounting Issues
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Derivative Securities
- Two School of Business level 5 elective subjects
See the handbook for a full list of available subjects.
How to apply
Find out how to apply to La Trobe University.