Role of Council
The role of the Council, as per the La Trobe University Act, 2009, is to:
- Appoint and monitor the performance of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Approve the mission and strategic direction, annual budget and business plan.
- Oversee and review management and performance.
- Establish policy consistent with legal requirements and community expectations.
- Monitor accountability.
- Monitor risk.
- Oversee and monitor academic activity.
- Approve significant University commercial activities.