2017 Confucius Institute Scholarship Program
In order to support development of Confucius Institutes, promote Chinese language and Chinese cultural, cultivate qualified Chinese language teachers and talented students of Chinese language, Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) (hereinafter referred to as Hanban) launches the “Confucius Institute Scholarship” program for providing
sponsorship to students, scholars and Chinese language teachers of other countries to study at Chongqing University.
We provide HSK training courses, which assist performance on the HSK and HSKK tests required for many of these scholarships.
Please read the application procedure information below carefully.
Categories and Eligibility
2017 Confucius Institute Scholarship Categories are:
|Scholarship for Master's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) Students||This category provides a sponsorship for 2 academic years, and the admission is in September, 2017. Full scholarship applicant should own a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 5), and a minimum score of 60 in HSKK Test (Intermediate Level). Partial scholarship applicant should own a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 5), and a minimum score of 60 in HSKK Test (Intermediate Level). Applicant who is able to provide the|
employment agreement or certification upon finishing the study from designated working institutions is preferred.
|Scholarship for one-Academic-Year Study Students||This category provides a sponsorship for 11 months, and the admission is in September, 2017. Applicant who is currently studying in China is not eligible for application. Application is open to overseas Chinese language teachers and Chinese language major students to study Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages programme at Chongqing University. Applicant should have a minimum score of 270 in HSK Test (Level 3), and a score of HSKK Test.|
|Scholarship for One-Semester Study Students|
This category provides a sponsorship for 5 months, and the admission is either in September, 2017 or March, 2018. Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China.
2 Application is open to Chinese language major students and scholars to study Chinese Language and Literature programme at Chongqing University. Applicant should have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 3), and a score of HSKK Test.
Applications are open to applicants who have a non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 16 and 35 (applicants currently working in a Chinese language teaching position shall not exceed the age limit of 45, undergraduate students shall not exceed the age limit of 20), and are in good health.
"Chinese Bridge" (Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreign College Students) winners who have been awarded the 2017 "Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate" can apply for admission according to the scholarship specified in the certificate.
Majors, Host Institutions and Admission
Chongqing University is entrusted as the host institution of the scholarship which provides subjects including Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages, and Chinese Language.
Admission for students of MTCSOL is in September; admission for one-Academic-Year Study, and one-Semester Study is either in September or in March of the following year. Chongqing University receives four-week study students in group (10 minimum), and the students' Confucius institute needs to arrange the time with Chongqing University and apply to Hanban 3 months in advance.
Scholarship Coverage, Criteria and Academic Assessment
The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full scholarship and partial scholarship.
For full scholarship, the Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses. Living allowance is granted by Chongqing University on monthly basis. The allowance criteria per person are:
One-Academic-Year Study, One-Semester Study: RMB2,500 per month
MTCSOL: RMB3,000 per month
For partial scholarship, the Confucius Institute Scholarship covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, and comprehensive medical insurance.
Tuition fee is under the overall planning and utilization of Chongqing University to provide teaching, management, Chinese language proficiency tests (HSK/HSKK). Students need to bear the fee of textbooks by themselves.
Accommodation fee is under the overall planning and utilization of Chongqing University which provide scholarship students with free dormitory rooms （double rooms）. For those who live off campus with the permission of Chongqing University are entitled to accommodation allowance from Chongqing University on by month or by quarter. The allowance criteria are RMB700 per person on monthly basis.
Comprehensive medical insurance is covered by Chongqing University in accordance to relevant regulations on international students stipulated by the Ministry of Education of China. The insurance fee per person is RMB800 per year. For full scholarship students, those who are enrolled before the 15th (or on the 15th) of the admission month, are entitled to the full allowance of that month. Students, who are enrolled after the 15th of that month, are only entitled to half of the allowance. The living allowance for the month of graduation will be granted half a month later upon confirming the graduation status by Chongqing University. During the study, for any students who is absent from China of personal reasons for more than 15 days (excluding legal holidays), the allowance will be suspended during absence. Allowance will be terminated in case of schooling suspension or dropping out for personal reasons.
For applicants, recommending institutions, please find admission procedures and scholarship recruitment results on the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn).
1. For application, please log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete the Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form online, and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents.
2. Entrusted by Hanban, Confucius Institutes in different countries are working as recommending institutions to engage in the applicant selection, materials review, and collecting and handing over applicants’ documents to Chongqing University.
3. Once application materials are verified by the Division of Scholarships of Hanban as valid, Chongqing University will then review the eligibility of applicants, organize an online interview and submit the admission list to Hanban.
4. Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection. Normally, the admission results will be announced within 45 working days after the application materials are confirmed as valid.
5. After confirming with the successful applicants, Chongqing University will post “Letter of Admission”, “Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China" (JW202 Form), copy of the scholarship certificate and other relevant documents to the recommending institutions within 15 working days.
The application time is from 1st March to 30th June, 2017
1. Incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
2. Applicants will be disqualified from application in case of fraudulent application materials or application materials are completed and submitted by someone else.
3. Scholarship winners who cannot register on time should inform Chongqing University about the reasons in written form within 15 days before the admission date. For those who do not register as requested without reason, the scholarship will be canceled.
4. Scholarship will be canceled for those who do not pass the admission physical examination, drop out, or take schooling suspension during the study.
- The Confucius Institute at La Trobe University's contact details.
- Division of Scholarships, Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban), 129, Deshengmenwai Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100088. Fax: +86-10-58595727 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chongqing University: Tel: 0086-23-65111001 Fax: 0086-23-65111067 Website: http://study.cqu.edu.cn Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Documents for Confucius Institute Scholarship
Recommending institutions should examine the completeness, validity and accuracy of applicant’s name, nationality and permanent address on the passport. If the following documents are not in Chinese or English version, notarization documents should be provided.
I. For all applicants
1. A scanned copy of the passport photo page. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
2. Score reports of the HSK, HSKK
3. Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending institutions (please provide objective comments on the applicant, including whether the applicant is a student of Confucius Institute or other identity. Chinese language teachers shall submit an employment verification letter and a reference letter provided by the institutes they work for.)
II. For Master's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages applicants
4. Certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation), and an
5. Two reference letters from professors or associate professors.
6. A notarized employment agreement with the designated teaching institution is preferred.
Confucius China Studies Program (CCSP)
In order to foster deep understanding of China and the Chinese culture among young generations from around the world, enable the prosperous growth of China studies, promote the sustainable development of Confucius Institutes, and enhance the friendly relationship between China and the people of other countries, the Confucius Institute Headquarters has set up the “Confucius China Studies Program”.
The Program consists of six subprograms in the academic areas of Humanities and Social Sciences.
The Program supports activities across six sub-program areas, including:
- Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship
- Ph.D. in China Fellowship
- “Understanding China” Fellowship
- Young Leaders Fellowship
- International Conference Grant
- Publication Grant
If you have any questions about Scholarships, please contact Pingrong DONG +61 3 9479 6506 or email@example.com