Change of Preference Selfie Competition 2016
Send us a selfie for the chance to win prizes that will get you ready for week one semester one at La Trobe, including four chances to win your first month of coffee at La Trobe free.
How to enter:
- Take a selfie with your business card. You can be as creative as you want.
- Follow a participating La Trobe University social media account: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat (username ‘latrobeuni’), or Twitter
- Tag us in the post using @ mentions, by hashtagging #latrobeuni, or sharing your story with us on Snapchat
We will begin to select one winner per channel per day between 12 December 2016 to 16 December 2016 (24 prizes in total)
Entry is free and you can send us multiple entries, as long as you send no more than one original selfie per day per channel. That means you could enter four times a day during the competition period!
We will notify winners by 5pm AEST 20 December via social media channel.
Terms and Conditions
1. La Trobe University (ABN 64 804 735 113) (“La Trobe”) is conducting a competition titled “Change of Preference Selfie Competition” (“Competition”).
2. These terms and conditions apply to the Competition and by submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any entry that does not comply with these Terms may be deemed invalid and ineligible to win a prize.
3. The Competition is open from 9.00am (AEDST) Monday 12 December 2016 to 5.00pm (AEDST) Friday 16 December 2016 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
4. The Competition is open to any person who has received a business card addressed to them from La Trobe on or after the 5th of December and who is ordinarily resident in the State of Victoria.
5. Entrants must:
a) follow one or more of the participating La Trobe University social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or Twitter;
b) post an original photograph of themselves holding their La Trobe ‘business card’;
c) tag La Trobe University’s social media accounts in the post (using @ mentions or hashtagging #latrobeuni)
6. Entry into the Competition is free. Entrants may enter the Competition multiple times but no more than once per social media platform per day.
7. Entrants less than 18 years old must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to enter.
8. Any photos deemed by La Trobe to be inappropriate or offensive will be ineligible to win a prize and excluded from the Competition.
9. By submitting an entry, each entrant warrants to La Trobe that:
a) if below 18 years of age, they have the permission of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition;
b) the entrant owns or has the right to submit their entry for this Competition;
c) the entrant has obtained consent from any person in their entry to use their image for this Competition;
d) their entry, and La Trobe’s use of their entry, will not:
- infringe any person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- infringe any person’s privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
- breach any other laws.
10. Each entrant grants to La Trobe a perpetual, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, publish and communicate their entry, including a right to sublicense it to other parties, in any format for the purpose of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Judging and Prizes
11. La Trobe will judge all valid entries received within the Competition Period and select winners based on the most creative entries (“Prize Winners”). This Competition is not a game of chance and chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winners.
12. La Trobe will select up to one entry per social media channel per day during the Competition Period to win a prize. Up to 24 entrants may be selected as Prize Winners over the course of the Competition Period.
13. The Prizes will consist of minor daily prizes of La Trobe branded merchandise including x4 of one coffee cup and 2 beverage vouchers (valued at $25.35 including postage), as well as 4x grand prizes of one coffee cup and 20 beverage vouchers (valued at between $77.95 and $117.95 including postage). The prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
14. The Prize Winners will be notified within 2 business days of the end of the Competition Period by personal message or equivalent on the social media channel they used to enter the Competition.
15. The decisions of La Trobe regarding Prize Winners are final and will be binding on each entrant. No correspondence or communications will be entered into. If after reasonable efforts a Prize Winner cannot be contacted or cannot accept a prize, La Trobe reserves the right to select a different Prize Winner.
16. If any event prevents or hinders the Competition or La Trobe’s ability to deliver a prize, La Trobe may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition, select another Prize Winner or provide a similar prize of equivalent value.
17. La Trobe may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these Terms. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the social media account on which the entry is posted.
18. Each entrant consent to La Trobe using any personal information supplied or connected with their entry available on its public website or on other La Trobe social media sites, or in publications.
Disclaimer and liability
20. La Trobe accepts no responsibility for invalid, misdirected, lost or delayed entries, any incorrect or inaccurate information, any equipment or technical error, or for any defect in, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of any entry.
21. To the extent permitted by law, La Trobe will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize.
22. To the extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the prize, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded. To the extent such warranties cannot be excluded by law but liability can lawfully be limited, liability is limited at La Trobe’s option to replacing the prize or the cost of replacing the prize or acquiring an equivalent item.
23. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, La Trobe’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or Twitter, and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition should be directed to La Trobe.
24. Each entrant releases Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter from any and all liability for any loss, damage or injury arising out of or in relation to the Competition.
25. This competition is conducted under, and must be construed by, the laws of the state of Victoria and the laws of Victoria govern the terms and conditions of this Competition.