Welcome to Children's and Young Adult Literature at La Trobe.
Getting Real - debating the what, why and how of realism in chidlren's and YA texts
Unfortunately, the conveners have had to make the difficult decision to cancel the Children’s Literature Conference in Bendigo for 2010. We wanted to make the decision in as timely a manner as possible so that we would not leave speakers and attendees uncertain.
We are so sorry about having to make this decision, but the numbers just aren't with us this year.
Please use the links to the right and left to explore the resources. You can find:
- Authors and Illustrators - information and links
- Awards - winners of the many awards available in Australia for children's and young adult literature (and the criteria for winning)
- Courses - information about Children's and Young Adult Literature studies offered at La Trobe University, Bendigo.
- Reviews - by staff and students, of children's and YA titles.
- Links - to online material in children's literature, young adult literature, literary theory, criticism and history.
- Scholarship - writing about children's and young adult literature. Currently, some student web pages and a mirror of Zohar Shavit's text The Politics of Children's Literature. Coming soon, articles and essays from a critical and analytical perspective.
- The Looking Glass - An international, peer-reviewed journal offering critical analysis on children's literature. It is open-access, so no subscription is required!
This site is currently undergoing a major re-construction.
Please check the links - most should still be available in either the old or new form.
Please contact the Childlit site adminstrator with your suggestions for further development.