Strategic Plan 2017
The Centre for Higher Education Equity and Diversity Research (CHEEDR; formerly the Access and Achievement Research Unit) informs University strategies for improving the access and achievement levels of under-represented students. The Centre has a particular focus on students from low socio-economic status backgrounds, and has responsibility for the oversight and reporting of the Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Programme (HEPPP).
Specifically, the Centre aims to:
- Develop research and policies that help the University to improve the access, achievement, and outcomes of under-represented students, consistent with Future Ready objectives and targets.
- Oversee and coordinate the University’s major student equity funding (HEPPP), ensuring strategic fit, efficacy, evaluation, and strategic relevance of all projects.
- Increase the public profile and reputation of the University by producing, publishing and circulating research and evaluation findings on student equity in higher education.
- Support the operations of the Colleges through the provision of specific analysis and reports as required.
- Build research and evaluative capacity, communication, and collaboration within the University in the area of student equity.
- Demonstrate national and international leadership through securing external competitive research grants and influencing public policy on student equity in higher education.