Take your business anywhere
Your first year of business leads to any Bachelor of Business Degree - at any campus.
Start a Bachelor of Business at your local campus and, after satisfactorily completing the first year, you can transfer to any of the specialist Bachelor of Business courses offered at other campuses, with full credit.
How it works
The first year of the Bachelor of Business offered at our regional campuses has been redesigned to facilitate this offer and comprises the following subjects:
- Accounting and Finance for Business
- Accounting and Information Systems
- Business Analytics
- Business Economics
- Business Foundations
- Foundations of Management
- Marketing: Defined, Planned and Delivered
- Climate, Sustainability and Society (at Bendigo and Albury-Wodonga)
- Fundamentals of Finance (at Mildura and Shepparton)
Students successfully completing first year can transfer to any other La Trobe campus to complete any of the Bachelor of Business degrees offered there.
Bachelor of Business
Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Finance)
Bachelor of Business (Event Management)
Bachelor of Business (Event Management/Marketing)
Bachelor of Business (Event Management/Tourism Management)
Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
Bachelor of Business (Sport Development & Management)
Bachelor of Business (Sport Management)
Bachelor of Business (Tourism & Hospitality)
- In the first year, if you're studying regionally, you save the cost of living away from home, which can often exceed $20,000 a year in Melbourne.
- Make the transition to tertiary study while still being supported by your family and friends.
- Work in smaller classes at a regional campus, which provides further support as you transition to tertiary studies.
- Keep your job and networks in your local community, and maintain that income flow through the first year of university.
You have the advantage of being able to select from the full range of Bachelor of Business specialisations within La Trobe Business School's exceptional portfolio. You can then graduate with a Bachelor of Business degree in the discipline of your choice.
Applying to transfer
Enrol in the Bachelor of Business at your local campus (listed above). Speak with your local Student Support officer during the second semester of your first year of study for information on how to transfer.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC for semester 1 entry (interstate students can also apply through UAC for courses offered at the Mildura or Albury-Wodonga campuses). To learn more about the application process, please visit the VTAC or UAC websites.
The prerequisites for admission into most courses in the Bachelor of Business degree portfolio are VCE units 3 and 4 with a minimum score of 25 in English (ESL) or 20 in any other English.
Applications for mid-year entry are made directly to La Trobe University. You can apply online for mid-year entry at latrobe.edu.au/apply
Future Students Centre
T 1300 135 045
Ask us a question