Business engagement and executive education
Develop your leadership and management skills with one of Victoria's most highly regarded business schools. Learn from a provider that specialises in responsible leadership, corporate social responsibility, diversity and ethics.
What we do
- workshops, seminars, short courses and formal qualifications
- custom-designed programs
- business engagement and networking events.
We specialise in helping organisations and individuals to grow, while benefiting the community. Responsible leadership, sustainability (both social and environmental) and ethics are at the cornerstone of all that we do.
We have extensive knowledge, templates and training modules that will accelerate your career and improve your business development programs.
Our open programs
Our open programs range from lunchtime and evening seminars to Bachelor and postgraduate courses. They're ideal for all sectors, whether that be private, government or not for profit.
Our customised programs
In addition to our range of open events and programs, we custom-design programs for individual clients. They range from short courses, executive certificates and Diplomas right through to Bachelor and post graduate qualifications.
With our focus on ethics, sustainable business practices and good corporate governance, our programs enable you to both develop your staff and gain the acceptance and support from the community in which you operate.
How we help you
Our highly qualified facilitators and teachers work closely with you from start to finish, to design and deliver a personalised program that addresses your organisation's unique needs.
- Help plan your annual training calendar
- Diagnose your training needs through evaluations and onsite visits
- Develop a suite of training solutions and tailored Executive Education programs
- Deliver them, either one-on-one or in groups.
Who will benefit
Our programs cater to all sectors and suit a range of people, from team members doing induction sessions to members of your executive committee.
Time commitment and qualifications
Short courses can be conducted in as little as half a day. Other programs can be as extensive as you require. Our training can also be built into an accredited training course, such as a Diploma or Graduate Certificate.
Our staff have expertise in a wide range of topics, including:
- Leadership and management
- Career planning
- Organisational improvement
- Marketing and communications
- Public sector management
- Sport and event organisation
- Accounting and finance.
Why La Trobe?
We have more than 40 years of experience in business and management and are one of Victoria's leading universities.
We are a business school with a difference.
- Global focus We take a world view to solving problems and addressing challenges.
- Emphasis on governance, social and environmental responsibility We develop leaders who are committed to responsible leadership and giving back to the community, whether it be local or global. We were one of the first business schools to sign up to the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME).
- Strong industry engagement We work closely with several industry associations. Our programs address real-world needs.
- Strong community links One of our key values is to work with and benefit the community, not just individuals.
- Practical, not theoretical Our programs are highly interactive. You can apply your skills immediately in your workplace, and your life.
- Recognised by international organisations The quality of our teaching has been recognised with a number of accreditations. We are one of the few business schools from around the world to hold the prestigious EPAS accreditation, awarded by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
'The true measure of a university's greatness is the total effect it has on human welfare and progress.'
David Myers, La Trobe's first Vice Chancellor.
We work closely with various institutes. As a result, we are abreast with the changing needs of all workplace sectors, whether it be corporate, government or not for profit. Our partnerships mean you can tap into additional expertise in specialised areas, and other networks.
Our current partners include:
Our clients have included:
- National Australia Bank
- Transport Accident Commission
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Justice
- Alfred Hospital
- Supreme Court
- Intelligence Bank
- Victorian Building Authority
- Darebin Council
- Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade.
What our clients say
'A thorough program with great tools that came together well for future planning. The reflection time after each session was helpful. Great networking opportunity.'
'Sessions provided tips and motivation to take a more proactive role in shaping my future career, which is especially helpful in a climate of uncertainty.'
'This type of workshop is fantastic, not only great for networking but also getting lots of new ideas and assurance of what women can achieve!'
'I like that the entire course was delivered based on a role play, rather than having the facilitator talk/teach/lecture.'
Where we operate
We can deliver courses and events at our City Campus, at your workplace or at an independent venue. We also operate in regional Victoria.
The fine print
Find out more
Please contact us to discuss how we can help you.
Dr Suzanne Young
Director of Executive Education and Associate Professor
La Trobe Business School
T: + 61 3 9479 3140
M: + 61 408 501 050