Terms and Conditions
La Trobe University - Alumni and Advancement '50th Anniversary Reconnect Competition 2016'
Terms and Conditions
- La Trobe University (ABN 64 804 735 113) ("University") of Bundoora, Victoria, 3086, is conducting a competition called "50th Anniversary Reconnect Competition 2016" ("Competition").
- Each entry must be submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The University may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entries for the Competition will be accepted until 11.59pm (AEST) 30 April 2017 ("Competition End"). Any entry received after the Competition End will be deemed invalid and ineligible to win a prize. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- The Competition is open to any person aged 18 years or older who is a graduate of the University.
- Entry into the Competition is free.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- To enter the Competition, an entrant must:
a) provide a valid current email address and contact number and agree to receive newsletters and electronic communications from the University for alumni re-engagement purposes; and
b)complete the form on the University’s ‘share your story’ page, including describing their La Trobe story: https://50years.latrobe/get-involved/stories/share/
- the details provided with the entry are true and accurate;
- the entrant will comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- the story is the entrant’s own creative work;
- the entrant has not breached any person's privacy rights, intellectual property rights or any other laws in registering for the Competition; and
- the entrant will indemnify the University against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the warranties in this clause 9.
- Incomplete entries that do not satisfy the above requirements will be ineligible to win the prize.
- Each entrant represents and warrants in relation to their entry that:
- Each entrant agrees to be contacted by the University for the purpose of this Competition and accepting any prize for the Competition and for the University's marketing and promotional purposes.
- Each entrant grants to the University an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, publish and communicate their description of their La Trobe story, including a right to sublicense it to other parties (including posting on the University's social media accounts), in any format for the purpose of the Competition and the University's marketing and promotional purposes.
Judging and Prizes
- The University's Alumni and Advancement Office will judge valid entries and select their favourite La Trobe story as the winner to receive a prize ("Prize Winner").
- Total prize value is up to $14945.10 (Including GST), as at 17 October 2016. The prize on offer is set out below.
a) If the winner resides outside of Australia, two (2) return business class tickets to Melbourne, Australia, from the winner’s nearest capital city, with travel to coincide with the University’s 50th Birthday Village Carnival event in November 2017 [valued up to AUD $14,278]
- The final dates and details of the airfare bookings will ultimately be at the University’s discretion and will be booked on behalf of the Prize Winner through the University’s travel bookings system.
- The Prize Winner will be responsible for all other expenses including visas, travel insurance, accommodation, transfers, meals and all other ancillary costs.
- The Prize Winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
- The prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- The Prize Winner will be notified by email on 15 May 2017 using the entrant's supplied email address.
- The decision of the University regarding the Prize Winner is final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition. No correspondence or communications will be entered into.
- The University may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant's fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these Terms and Conditions. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the holder of the email account which the entry is made.
- If there is any event that prevents or hinders the University's conduct of the Competition or the University's ability to deliver the prize to the Prize Winner of the Competition, the University may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition or select another winner. The University may also recommence the Competition at another time under the same conditions.
b) if the winner resides in Australia, two (2) return business class tickets from the winner’s nearest capital city in Australia to Hong Kong departing between August 2017 and September 2017 to coincide with the University’s World La Trobe Day celebrations [valued up to $9,798]
Disclaimer and Liability
- The University is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition.
- The University assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other information, documents, communications or representations relating to the Competition, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or LinkedIn and each entrant agrees to release Facebook and LinkedIn from any or all liability in connection with this contest. Any queries about this Competition should be directed to the University and not to Facebook or LinkedIn.
- To the extent permitted by law, the University will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the prizes, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded. To the extent such warranties cannot be excluded by law but liability can lawfully be limited, liability is limited at the University’s option to replacing the prize or the cost of replacing the prize or acquiring an equivalent item.