Art History Chapter
The Art History chapter organises an annual program of activities including visits to artists' studios and workshops, lectures by art historians, visits to public and private galleries, discussions with art industry experts, and informal, social gatherings with fellow members.
The chapter also raises funds to support art, and art students, at La Trobe.
The chapter was formed by graduates of La Trobe's Art History program. Anyone with an interest in art is welcome to join, particularly current and former La Trobe Visual Arts students.
How to join
You can join or renew your membership via AlumniConnect. AlumniConnect allows you to update your contact details, join chapters and register for events.
If you need help with AlumniConnect, please contact us on 1300 737 133 or +61 3 9479 2011, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternately, you can download the Art History chapter membership form using the link below
The chapter has previously awarded the following annual prizes
- Art History Alumni Third Year Prize ($500) - presented to the student with the highest academic results
- Art History Alumni Honours Prize ($250) - presented to student with the highest first academic results for a first class standard thesis on a topic of art history
Contact: Sandra Nicholson email@example.com
The chapter committee meet six times each year at the La Trobe University Museum of Art (LUMA). Meetings are held on the second Friday of every second month. The next meeting will be held at 10am on Friday 12 August 2016. For more information about committee meetings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee meeting - 10 June 2016
Committee meeting - 8 April 2016
Annual General Meeting - 12 February 2016
For copies of minutes from previous years please contact email@example.com
- 27 October 2016: Rae Alexander Lecture, NGV.
- 15 June 2016: Beleura House day tour, Mornington
- 6 May 2016: Fashion Study Room Tour, NGV
- 8 April 2016: ‘A Language of the Vanishing’ Artist and Curator Talk, LUMA
- 4 March 2016: Frames Tour with John Payne, NGV.
For more information about chapter events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org