Art History Chapter
The Art History chapter organises an annual program of activities including visits to artists' studios and workshops, lectures by art historians, visits to public and private galleries, discussions with art industry experts, and informal, social gatherings with fellow members.
The chapter also raises funds to support art, and art students, at La Trobe.
The chapter was formed by graduates of La Trobe's Art History program. Anyone with an interest in art is welcome to join, particularly current and former La Trobe Visual Arts students.
How to join
You can join or renew your membership via AlumniConnect. AlumniConnect allows you to update your contact details, join chapters and register for events.
If you need help with AlumniConnect, please contact us on 1300 737 133 or +61 3 9479 2011, or email email@example.com
Alternately, you can download the Art History chapter membership form using the link below
The chapter has previously awarded the following annual prizes
- La Trobe University NGV Summer School Prize ($500) - awarded to a student who is an active participant and willing to engage in all activities with a sense of enquiry about contemporary art and the issues embedded
- Acquisitive Prize ($1,000) – awarded to a final year student to acquire a piece of their art work for the La Trobe University art collection.
Contact: Sandra Nicholson firstname.lastname@example.org
The chapter committee meet six times each year. Meetings are held on the second Friday of every second month. The next meeting will be held at 10am on Thursday 13 April 2017 in the Borchardt Library.
For more information about committee meetings or copies of minutes from previous years, please contact email@example.com
- 2 February 2017: Summer School Presentation and David Hockney Exhibition
- 17 November 2016: Rae Alexander Lecture, NGV. ‘Artist, Actress, Lover’. Leading portraiture expert and art historian Dr Vivien Gaston explored the remarkable story behind Johan Zoffany's Portrait of Elizabeth Farren as Hermione in Shakespeare's 'A Winter's Tale' (c.1780).
- 18 October 2016: Angry Penguins exhibition talk and tour, Heide Museum of Modern Art
- 14 October 2016: Presentation on Hieronymus Bosch exhibition by Frank Heckes, LUMA
- 15 June 2016: Beleura House day tour, Mornington
- 6 May 2016: Fashion Study Room Tour, NGV
- 8 April 2016: ‘A Language of the Vanishing’ Artist and Curator Talk, LUMA
- 4 March 2016: Frames Tour with John Payne, NGV.
For more information about chapter events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org