Australian Centre for Evidence Based Aged Care
The staff of ACEBAC are passionate advocates of person-centred, evidence-based care of older people. We are involved in research, education and professional practice and hope through this site we can share our learnings and assist visitors to link with other relevant resources.
A major factor in quality outcomes in the care of older people is interdisciplinary practice that is driven by the person receiving care; not by the 'experts'. This theme pervades our work. All of our research involves collaboration with a mix of disciplines and consumers.
Too often research is undertaken and never makes a difference in practice. For this reason we have a focus on translating evidence into the real world and making a quality difference for patients/residents, families and staff.
We are also keen to ensure our work is responsive to everyday challenges. We welcome suggestions from practitioners and funding support from anyone who wants to invest in 'world's best care' for older people!
ACEBAC Resources and Tools
· “Family and Staff Relationship Attitude Tool (FASRAT)” and “Notes on scoring of the family and staff relationship attitude tool (FASRAT)” can be viewed and download from: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.9/213102
· “Family and Staff Relationship Implementation Tool (FASRIT)” and “Notes on scoring of the family and staff relationship Implementation tool (FASRIT)” can be viewed and download from: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.9/213090
· “Supporting families and friends of older people living in residential aged care” can be viewed and download from: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.9/213179
· “Creating constructive staff-family relationships in the care of older people living in the residential aged care setting” can be viewed and download from: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.9/213190
· “Sexuality Assessment Tool (SexAT) for residential aged care facilities” can be viewed and download from: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.9/213196
· “The Person-Centred Care Assessment Tool (P-CAT)” can be viewed and download from: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.9/213200