Students from all around the world come to live and study at La Trobe.
International orientation program
We welcome all new international students to life on residence. We run a week-long program, in conjunction with La Trobe's International welcome program, to assist you to meet new people and make friends.
All newly arrived residents, both domestic and international, are invited to join in throughout the week for free food and fun activities!
At our Melbourne Campus, 35% of residents living in on-campus accommodation are international students.
Once you have accepted an offer to study at La Trobe and have booked your accommodation, La Trobe International can assist you with arranging an airport pick-up once you arrive in Australia.
Resources for international students
Melbourne is one of the safest cities in the world to live, work and study. As with any big city, it is a good idea to get some local knowledge when you arrive. The following websites will provide you with some useful information and resources:
- Welcome guide for International Students [PDF 1.6MB]
- Weekend or out-of-hours arrival information [PDF 6MB]
- La Trobe International - Studying at La Trobe
- La Trobe International - Support for students
- Study Melbourne
Where possible, Accommodation Services will provide eligible international students with temporary accommodation for a period of one to three weeks when they first arrive at the University. The rate charged for transitional accommodation will be equivalent to the daily rate of the residence in which they will be temporarily located.
A transitional offer can only be made when and where we have available and suitable accommodation options.
To be considered eligible, you must be:
- an international student who has been in Melbourne, Victoria for 14 days or less
- commencing full-time study with La Trobe University and/or its affiliates
- not on a study exchange or equivalent program.
Contact email@example.com for more information.