Before you start
Before beginning your online application, we recommend you read through the information below so you are familiar with the application criteria and process. You may also like to review our accommodation FAQs.
All applications will incur a $53 fee.
To apply for on-campus accommodation, you must:
- be enrolled as a current or future full-time student at La Trobe University or a tertiary education institution
- be willing to comply with all residential policies and guidelines including the rules of residence, resident handbook and your residential agreement
- complete your online application, including payment of the application fee (A$53).
When to apply
Applications for on-campus accommodation are competitive. We encourage new students to apply as soon as possible.
Applications open from Open Day (usually early August).
International students applying before 1 December are guaranteed accommodation.
La Trobe University students applying before 1 December will be given priority.
Applications will be reviewed by the Accommodation Services team. Key criteria for selection include:
- Date of application
- Institution of enrolment (La Trobe students are given priority)
- Distance from campus:
- Bundoora applicants residing outside a 30km radius of the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- Bendigo applicants residing outside a 45km radius of the Bendigo campus
Submitting an application does not guarantee an offer of accommodation or that you will be offered your first preference.
When applying, you will be asked to name your preferred residence/s.
- Undergraduate students between 18-24 tend to live in Chisholm, Glenn and Menzies colleges
- Postgraduate and mature age students usually prefer The University Lodge or Graduate House
- Apartment living in Barnes Way and Waterdale Apartments are only offered to groups of students, or students with families. The only individual applications that will be considered are for the one bedroom studios in Barnes Way,
- Hillside, Villas, Terraces and Units are primarily aimed at undergraduate students
- Orde House generally accommodates postgraduate and mature age residents.
Additional preference options
Twin share and double rooms are only available at University Lodge and Graduate House on the Melbourne campus.
Quiet and alcohol free areas
Quiet and/or alcohol free areas are available within some residences. Allocation of these areas is based on demand and designated areas are subject to change.
No priority is afforded to students who select this option.
Applying at multiple campuses
If you are applying for accommodation at multiple La Trobe campuses, you will need to submit two separate applications.
Only one application fee is required. If you submit multiple applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have the additional fee waived. Once you’ve been notified that the fee has been waived, you can log back in and complete your application.