During a tenancy
Your responsibilities as a tenant
- Connecting your utilities (water, gas, electricity) and phone.
- Paying rent on time.
- Keeping the property in the same condition it was in when you first moved in.
- Reporting any damage to your landlord that you or a visitor caused.
- Notifying the landlord of any repairs that are needed.
Your landlord's responsibilities
- Lodging bond money with the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA).
- Provide you with the Renting a Home: A Guide for Tenants and Landlords from Consumer Affairs Victoria.
- Repairing and maintaining the property.
- Giving you privacy.
Tenancy publications to help with your rights and responsibilities are located on each campus through Accommodation Services, Internal Student Services, La Trobe Student Union and Bendigo Student Association.