Supporting our students
A La Trobe degree is more than just a piece of paper. It's a mark of someone who has the experience they need to make a difference in the world.
La Trobe has made transforming students' lives through learning part of its long-term vision. Some of the ways we're already doing this include:
- Running the Connect Volunteer Program, which introduces new students to the University and provides weekly support in person or via email.
- Creating the Design for Learning program, which takes on the ambitious task of reviewing and renewing every Bachelor-level course at the University by 2014.
- Partnering with Aboriginal Affairs Victoria to create the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Management course, which provides Indigenous students with archaeological and land management training.
La Trobe is also reaching out to a worldwide student audience, becoming the first Australian university to launch courses on Apple's iTunes U at the start of 2012. So far, La Trobe's podcasts have been downloaded over 4 million times.
What our students think
La Trobe offers 400 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, taught by staff who maintain an 'open-door policy' for students. As a result, La Trobe has been ranked first in Victoria and third in Australia for student satisfaction (Sweeny Research Unit Student Report, 2009), as well as one of the top universities in Australia for the way it supports and consults with students on the provision of campus services.
La Trobe students can also be confident about life after graduation. In 2010, almost 80 per cent of our domestic Bachelor degree graduates found full-time employment four months after completing their courses.
Hear our students thoughts on studying at La Trobe below:
How would you describe your overall experience at La Trobe?
Aysha - Master of Business Administration/Master of Marketing Management
- Other formats
- Aysha - Master of Business Administration/Master of Marketing Management MP4 [13.79 MB]
- Aysha - Master of Business Administration/Master of Marketing Management MP3 [1.06 MB]
- Aysha - Master of Business Administration/Master of Marketing Management Permalink
- Other formats on request: firstname.lastname@example.org